Want to learn more about what SHIFT can do for you?
Contact partnerships@shiftretail.com or call 0800 302 9464

Want to learn more about what SHIFT can do for you?
Contact partnerships@shiftretail.com or call 0800 302 9464

Request a brochure

Our Technology

Speed is of the essence with SHIFT

Our platform prioritises performance

The SHIFT platform is built on best practice and continuously improved as user requirements evolve – but speed is always important. That’s why we made it one of our greatest assets.

SHIFT provides each and every partner with the same incredibly quick website performance on any device, though doesn’t overlook the individual requirements of each retailer – our team of experts will work with you to give you the speed you need, when and where it matters most.

While other ecommerce providers make you build around their service, we build around your specific needs to get your products and services to your customers as quickly as possible. It’s all because of the mantra we adopted from day one: slow websites drive customers away, and fast websites thrive at their expense.

Flexibility creates rapidity
We make ecommerce sites run as fast as possible by granting full control and unrestricted access to how they’re optimised. Every part of the SHIFT platform is a separate entity passing data via APIs, meaning we can prioritise how elements communicate with one another.

Other ecommerce platforms limit how much you can change because their systems are one single, inflexible entity. With SHIFT, there are no template constraints, no rules to follow on what you have to load first, and nothing stopping your customers getting the quickest user experience possible.

SHIFT updates the contents of your site instantly, and allows the first render to be cached for any amendments – so every customer sees your site in real time, at all times.

A real-time view, all of the time
Our content delivery network (CDN) caches and serves the whole site – not just images and text. We also provide this speed of caching with a unique flexibility that works around what you want to prioritise.

For other ecommerce platforms, caching protocols can postpone a visitor from seeing the most up-to-date content, out-of-stock products or major announcements. SHIFT updates the contents of your site instantly, and allows the first render to be cached for any amendments – so every customer sees your site in real time, at all times.

Bringing your site to life with intelligent imagery
We serve our partners with imagery at the highest quality needed and at the best speeds possible. While other ecommerce providers only provide images at certain size intervals – forcing you to make do with low, unappealing resolutions or pushing large-resolution, slow-to-load pictures – our systems ensure that any imagery is scaled correctly, quickly, and to your exact size requirements.

Shift Platform Speed

Speed of scalability
Every business has its busy and quiet times, whether it’s over the course of a week, month, or even at peak periods like Black Friday or Christmas. For any and all of these eventualities, we provide intelligent autoscaling for uncached page hosting via cloud computing.

With us, you don’t need to endure the frustration of being forced to over-purchase physical or cloud servers. More importantly, you don’t need to fear the possibility that you’ll run out of resources, making your site slow down or outright crash. Unlike others, SHIFT scales up – and back down again – to meet your requirements in peak periods.

Shift Platform Speed

Always by your side
Even with all of these fantastic benefits, we still appreciate that it’s not all about fast hosting; this only counts for 10% of website performance. The remaining 90% of how quickly your site runs is dependent on how it’s built, rather than how quick your servers are. JavaScript, images and CSS all affect site performance; with this in mind, we advise our partners on best practice to ensure that any third parties that need plugging in are also optimised – not just SHIFT.

Don’t settle for an identical experience to your competitors – it’s time to leverage your own unique strengths. Enhance your individuality with SHIFT: it’s the perfect partnership.